"The day before yesterday, I resigned from the duties of the President of KEDITH, due to the assumption of my new duties as Deputy Mayor of Education of the Municipality of Thessaloniki.
I literally said goodbye to the place with a bliss. Joy, because I take on a very crucial and honorable position of responsibility and sadness for me, because I leave a place that I loved and for which I worked hard.
The truth is that KEDITH was a great school for me and I am proud of the project, which with the help of all my collaborators, we leave as a legacy:
- Continuation of the operation of 5 KDAP and one KDAP-MEA, in which 330 children have been registered with vouchers and 230 with free accommodation. Unfortunately, due to the pandemic, the standard KDAP is suspended from November, while the KDAP-MEA continues its operation without interruption.
- The nationwide innovative e-KDAP initiative with online workshops, study assistance, speaking exercises and consulting support through a digital platform provided a way out of this difficult period of suspension.
- Launch on March 22 of a platform for free education, employment and distance entertainment for children 5-12 years with modern and up-to-date themes, digital film library, library, discotheque, theater, fairy tales and games.
- Establishment of Kedith Cisco Academy with free training programs in the fields of high digital technology, which provide a certificate of attendance and a Digital Certificate of Education.
- Routing of the transport of the disabled with a special bus to the KDAP that hosts them.
- Continuation of operation of the day care center for the elderly (KIFI), which is also unfortunately currently suspended.
-Submission of a proposal to the European Solidarity Corps, through which young children from Greece will be able to be employed as volunteers in European Union countries and vice versa.
-Organization of a number of internet actions related to the work of the European Commission in our country through our office Europe Direct.
- Organization of a painting competition with 103 amazing entries and an exhibition of children's works in a kind of urban gallery as part of a musical action.
Completion by the end of May of a European regulation with a manual for the creation of urban vegetable gardens under the RURBAN / URBACT program.
- The European program "Be active-Shape Europe" was completed on March 15 with the participation of young people aged 15-30 in Workshops and a simulation of the European Parliament, which issued a final resolution.
- Participation in the European program "Remember Holocaust".
-An internet action was organized yesterday with great success on the topic "Gender Violence: it concerns us all! Do not pass it! "
- Continuation of the institution of the Municipal Youth Council, which under our auspices took a new breath and carried out a number of actions.
-Renovation of KDAP and modernization of the Company's equipment at all levels.
- Creation of a file for claiming hospitality in our city of the Hellenic-German Youth Foundation, which was achieved.
- Preparation of a 4-year strategic plan for KEDITH.
But when you leave a place, it is not just the account (with yourself and the citizens) of what you leave behind. They are also the people. That you used to see every day, to guide, that you bond with them.
I wholeheartedly thank them for their help and cooperation and I wish them to continue in the same spirit with the new President.
I too start my new duties with strength, passion and optimism. "Let's go for more", as the wise people say ".