The Europe Direct European Information Centers of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace, Thessaloniki, Epirus, Thessaly, the Ionian Islands and the Northern Aegean, which are
part of the Europe Direct Greece Network, on the occasion of the declaration of 2022, by the European Commission, as the "European Year of Youth" are co-organizing, with the support
of the Office of the European Parliament in Greece, Conference on the Future of Europe entitled:
"European Year of Youth:
young people participate and shape EU policies", on Saturday 22 January 2022 between 12:00 and 14:00
The Conference will be attended by young people both from Greece and from other EU member states, Cyprus, Luxembourg, France, Italy and Bulgaria, with the aim of collecting as much as possible
a wider range of opinions and proposals on policy-making in the European Union.
The young people, from the twelve regions of the EU, will discuss the individual topics:
– DRO local – EDIRO national and European
– Women: from inequality to equal participation, in non-urban areas
The implementation of the Conference will take place entirely online and the language
communication will be English.
The aim of the Conference is:
– the greatest possible participation of young people from all over the European Union and their collection
their views, how they perceive EU policies, and proposals
– highlighting the possibility of developing collaborations between EU bodies and organizations,
which operate for the benefit of European citizens and
– the collection and presentation of the opinions and proposals of young European citizens, with
different political and cultural background that highlights its diversity
The European Union.
The Conference will be streamed live via the Facebook page: