KEDITH participates in and co-organizes youth exchange programs with its partners, enabling groups of young people from different countries to get in touch, get to know each other and discuss about topics of common interest. During an exchange program, the participants jointly plan and implement a program that is being implemented by themselves. This program includes workshops, discussions, work in mixed teams, role plays, simulations, outdoor activities, etc. The methods used throughout the exchange program are based on the principles of non-formal learning. Youth exchanges have a clear European dimension and are based on transnational cooperation between organizations in the program countries as well as in partner countries.
“Inspiring Quality Youth Work”
KEDITH participates in approved co-funded European programs (Erasmus plus, Europe for Citizens, Urbact). Between 2016 and 2018, KEDITH participated in the Erasmus plus program of the Intercity Youth Network under the title “Inspiring Quality Youth Work” during which the handbook “Inspiring Quality Youth Work – Using indicators to strengthen the quality of youth work” was created.
KEDITH has in the past been involved in the following youth exchanges and European programms:
- 5-11/8/2018 Stockholm, Sweden, Youth exchange with diversity and gender equality being the main subject;
- 26/3/2018 Meeting with the mayors of Thessaloniki and Plovdiv; Discussion on future cooperation on youth issues;
- 14-19/11/2017 Berlin, Germany, Greek-German exchange with the strengthening of youth relations of the 2 countries being the main subject;
- 20-22/10/2017 Thessaloniki, Greece, Participation in the Pan-Hellenic meeting of the Hellenic Youth Workers Association;
- 7-12/8/2017 Cluj-Napoca Romania, Com on Europe project, participatory budgeting, Youth Participatory Budget, Erasmus plus;
- 26/3-2/4/2017 Thessaloniki, Greece Training for developing youth policy capacities, training seminar for municipal officials in youth policies;
- 14-19/11/2016 Varna, Bulgaria, Erasmus + Together on the Innowave, part 2;
- 19-27/7/2016 La Pommeraye, France, “Exploring my Future” (Exchange with career guidance as the main subject, part 2);
- 20-25/2/2016 Varna, Bulgaria, Erasmus + Together on the Innowave;
- 20-27/8/2015 La Pommeraye, France, “Exploring my Future” (Exchange with career guidance as the main subject, part 1);
- 23-29/3/2015 Braga Portugal, “Europe Entrepreneur” (Youth entrepreneurship);