THE CENTER IN A FEW WORDS
The Europe Direct Information Center, abbreviated as Europe Direct-KEDITH, was founded in January 2018, it operates under the auspices of the European Commission and is supported by the Common Benefit Enterprise of Thessaloniki Municipality.
It is part of a pan-European network of approximately 480 centers in 28 Member States, of which 17 are in Greece. At the same time, it is part of a single European Commission service-rendering center that citizens can contact for information on the European Union in any of the 23 official European languages, including Greek.
THE AIM OF THE CENTER
To inform citizens of all age groups, institutions and services of the local community about issues, policies, activities, programs and initiatives of the European Union regarding its fields of action, such as:
- Organization and function of European institutions & bodies;
- European citizenship and the rights of European citizens;
- Social Security – Healthcare;
- Employment – Recognition of professional qualifications;
- Employment opportunities;
- Entrepreneurship – Investments – Competition;
- Education – Training – Mobility – Youth;
THE PURPOSE OF THE CENTER
It is a communication channel between the citizens, institutions and services of the city with the institutions of the European Union.
- It provides information on EU legislation, programs, policies and actions.
- It exploits business, employment and financial opportunities by transmitting information to interested social groups.
- It provides specialized information on youth, education, culture and the environment.
- It records and responds directly to citizens’ questions.
- It promotes the European Dimension of the Common Benefit Enterprise of Thessaloniki Municipality and highlights its European profile through the services it provides.
Where you will find us:
Vas. Georgiou Α’ 1, 546 36, Thessaloniki
Building Ε, office 27
PUBLIC HOURS: 08:00 – 15:00
Telephone for the public 2313 31 7353
Head of the Call Center: Chrysanthi Antoniou
Associate: Olia Panagiotopoulou
Fax 2313 31 7921
Should you need information about the EU, you can call for free
00800 6 7 8 9 10 11
From anywhere in the EU
(Monday-Friday 10.00-18.00 Greece time)
For your rights in another EU country
and practical tips, you can also visit the website “Your Europe”